On Board Overview
Our On Board program supports nonprofit boards by matching business professionals and community members with organizations seeking qualified board candidates. On Board enables professionals to participate in their local community on a substantive level through nonprofit board service. The program provides two board member trainings along with an invitation to the Sorkin Summit, and facilitates individuals joining a board.
Since the program’s inception in 2014, we’ve placed almost 300 candidates onto the boards of over 250 nonprofits.
On Board Matching Process
- Nonprofits and individuals submit an online application.
- Compass Pro Bono conducts interviews of:
- Both the Board Chair and Executive Director of the nonprofits
- Individuals applying for a board position
- Compass Pro Bono introduces matched nonprofits and candidates to meet and learn about each other.
- Board candidates participate in three trainings focused on board roles and responsibilities, governance, nonprofit finance and fundraising
- Due to the high-touch process, most matches are successful. However, there is no obligation on either party to offer or accept a board position.