Compass’ On Board program focuses on strengthening nonprofit boards by matching business professionals to nonprofits that need board members. Compass recognizes the critical role that boards play for nonprofits. We often hear of the challenge that nonprofits face in trying to recruit qualified board members and help board members understand their role.
Why On Board? The On Board program supports nonprofits in achieving many of their board development goals:
- Access to skilled business professionals
- Ability to diversify board composition
- Broadened corporate connections
- “Board-ready” candidates
- Access to new potential funding sources
- Board training through participation in the Sorkin Center Nonprofit Board Training Program
Nonprofit Board Placement. Since the program’s inception in 2014, Compass has placed 155 candidates onto the boards of 94 nonprofits, with 32 nonprofits taking more than one On Board candidate.
Nonprofits interested in finding a board member should:
- Be a 501c3 nonprofit organization and does not promote a specific religion, or religious or political beliefs.
- Have a Board of Directors with an engaged board chair and regular board meetings
- Have Directors and Officers insurance
- Have a minimum annual budget of $750,000
- Be in a position to take on new board members
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For questions or to receive information about applying for On Board, please contact Wendy Gualtieri, Managing Director of the Sorkin Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org