Compass grants pro bono consulting services to nonprofits that benefit the Greater Washington community. The Classic Project application closed on June 7, 2021.
To learn more about our On Demand & Thought Partner program click here.
Classic Project Eligibility Requirements 2021-22
- Registered IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Local mission – benefits Greater Washington (DC, Northern Virginia, and/or suburban Maryland)
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political parties/movements
- Minimum pre-pandemic operating budget of $750,000
- Minimum of three full-time staff
- Active Board of Directors
Please contact us if you have any questions around our eligibility requirements.
Classic Project Timeline
- The nonprofit client application is open from April to June each year.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in late-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late October, with projects concluding by June of the following year.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.