Nonprofit Client Application – Now Open!
Compass grants pro bono consulting services to nonprofits that benefit the Greater Washington community. Projects run September 2021 through May 2022. Application Deadline: June 7 at 5:00 p.m.
Compass only accepts applications through the online application form. However, we have provided the application in other formats for offline editing, reading and sharing. Please contact Alex Rivera with any technical questions.
Please join us at an upcoming information session!
Join Compass for an Information Session for Prospective Nonprofit Clients to learn about our pro bono consulting services. The recommended audience is Executive Directors, Board Chairs and senior leadership.
We strongly encourage you to set up time to discuss project ideas and/or your organizational priorities with Hallie Smith, Executive Director, and Tonya Miles, Program Manager. When more than one type of project sounds appropriate or you have questions about project scope, we welcome the opportunity to provide input and simplify the application process for you.
2021-22 Eligibility Requirements
- Registered IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- Local mission – benefits Greater Washington (DC, Northern Virginia, and/or suburban Maryland)
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political parties/movements
- Minimum pre-pandemic operating budget of $750,000
- Minimum of three full-time staff
- Active Board of Directors
Please contact us if you have any questions around our eligibility requirements.
- The nonprofit client application will close on June 7, at 5 p.m.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair of all applicants that meet the basic criteria to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in late-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late October, with projects concluding by June.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.