The deadline for nonprofits to apply for a 2020-21 Classic Project has passed. Clients will be announced late August. Please check back in April 2021 for our 2021-22 nonprofit client application.
For more information: Review our Consulting Services and Nonprofit FAQs. If you would like to inquire about a Compass project in the future or be added to our email distribution, please contact Hallie Smith, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-21 Eligibility Requirements
- Registered IRS 501(c)3 nonprofits
- Local mission – benefits Greater Washington*
- Minimum annual operating budget of $500,000
- Local active Board of Directors
We do not accept clients that promote specific religious beliefs or political party/movement.
*Includes the District of Columbia, Northern Virginia, and/or suburban Maryland.
- Client application is open until July 24.
- Following the application, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair of all applicants that meet the basic criteria to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in mid-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and working by late October, with projects completed before June.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact us email@example.com.