Compass grants pro bono consulting services to nonprofits that serve the Greater Washington community.
Pro bono consulting projects that run for approximately eight months from late September to May. For more information on our service line offerings, click here.
- Application open: April 18 – June 8.
- Learn more: Attend our virtual info session on Thursday, May 26.
- Submitting an application: Access the online application, or view the PDF and Microsoft Word versions.
On Demand Program
Nonprofits are matched with a volunteer for a short term, eight week engagement. Learn more and apply to On Demand.
Classic Project Eligibility Requirements
- Registered IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Local mission – benefits Greater Washington (DC, Northern Virginia, and/or suburban Maryland)
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political parties/movements
- Minimum operating budget of $650,000
- Minimum of three full-time staff
- Active Board of Directors
Please contact us if you have any questions around our eligibility requirements.
Classic Project Timeline
- The nonprofit client application is open from April to June each year.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in late-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late October, with projects concluding by June of the following year.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact Hallie Smith, Executive Director, at email@example.com.