Pro Bono Strategic Consulting
We provide highly personalized strategic consulting projects to nonprofits by recruiting, training, and supporting teams of volunteer business professionals. Our consulting projects help our clients address key strategic challenges and opportunities.
On Track 8-month
Nonprofits are matched with a team of nine volunteer consultants from the local business community to conduct a strategic consulting project. Projects run from late September through May, and are valued at approximately $200,000.
The nonprofit application closed on Monday, June 5.
- The nonprofit client application is open from April to June each year.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in late-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late October, with projects concluding by June of the following year.
- Registered IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Local mission – benefits Greater Washington (DC, Northern Virginia, and/or suburban Maryland)
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political parties/movements
- Minimum operating budget of $700,000
- Minimum of three full-time staff
- Active Board of Directors
Please contact us if you have any questions around our eligibility requirements.
Project Service Lines
Compass offers projects in different “Service Lines,” or topics. Nonprofit applicants select one service line and project focus in the nonprofit application. For more information on our service line offerings, click here.
On Demand engagements are short-term (eight weeks) pro bono services in which Compass matches one volunteer with one nonprofit to address an immediate strategic challenge.
For more information, click here.
On Track 4-month
Nonprofits are matched with a team of five volunteer consultants from the local business community to conduct a strategic consulting project. Projects run from late September through May, and are valued at approximately $75,000. Micro Projects are offered by invitation only.