Volunteer Application Will Be Open In Late Fall 2022
Compass is committed to Chicago and the nonprofits that provide invaluable services in our communities. While we have previously opened applications to volunteers in early fall, we are making changes to our programming that we believe will have greater impact by modifying our schedule and duration of consulting projects. After receiving feedback, we are tailoring to the needs of our business professional volunteers and clients – with the desire to reach even more nonprofits that do important work in our communities.
- Volunteer applications will open in late fall 2022, shortly after Compass announces its nonprofit clients.
- Volunteer teams will be formed, trained and working in January 2023, with projects completed in May 2023.
Want to learn more about skilled volunteering with Compass? Watch our recent Volunteer Information Session.
CONSULTING TEAM ROLES
Compass offers volunteer opportunities based upon your skills, experience and availability. Build your professional network, chart a path to nonprofit board service, and gain invaluable experience and career development while giving back to the community.
Project Leader Profile
- Project Leaders should have an MBA, similar advanced degree, and/or significant management consulting or business experience
- 3 – 5+ years of consulting/project management experience preferred
- Availability to spend 3 – 5 hours/week from January – May leading a team of nine volunteers on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
Team Member Profile
- Availability to spend 2 – 3 hours/week from January – May on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
- Professionals at all stages of career with expertise in consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, communications/PR, entrepreneurship, and more
- We have received consistent feedback from our volunteers that the length of our current consulting projects (9 months) is very challenging and strains the ability to maintain high engagement for this duration.
- We are adjusting our pro bono consulting schedule to continue to attract top caliber talent and deliver the highest value to our clients. We also believe we will attract more volunteers and have greater reach in the future.
- We will be launching shorter projects later this year, so we can continue to learn and adapt our programing to best meet the needs of our clients and volunteers.
- We will be opening nonprofit applications in early fall 2022. Volunteer applications will open in late fall, once clients have been selected.
- Projects will kick off in January 2023 and will wrap up in May 2023.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about this programming, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.