Volunteering with Compass
Compass facilitates meaningful volunteer engagements between nonprofits and business professionals. Learn how you can get involved and give back to your community, meet a wide variety of professionals, and connect with local nonprofits.
The volunteer application is now open.
The application deadline for Project Leaders is December 16. The application deadline for Team Members is January 13. Volunteer teams will be formed, trained and begin working in late January 2023, with projects completing in May 2023.
Learn more! Volunteer Information Session
Tuesday, December 13, 12:00-1:00 CT, Zoom registration: bit.ly/1213Volunteer
Questions? Please contact Melissa Lapica, Managing Director at email@example.com.
Compass offers volunteer opportunities based upon your skills, experience, and availability. Business professionals are assigned to a team of five to six volunteer consultants to serve on a project for one of our nonprofit clients. Projects run from late January through May.
Teams are composed of five/six volunteers: one Project Leader and four to five Team Members. We are looking for enthusiastic and empathetic business professionals who are prepared to partner with nonprofits for the entirety of the project. It’s critical that volunteers enjoy team-based work and have the availability to attend regular team meetings. We do not accept anyone currently enrolled in undergrad, or full-time graduate programs.
Project Leader Profile
- Project Leaders should have an MBA, similar advanced degree, and/or significant management consulting or business experience
- 3-5+ years of consulting/project management experience preferred
- Availability to spend 4-6 hours per week from January through May leading a team of five volunteers on a consulting project for one of our nonprofit clients
Team Member Profile
- Professionals at all stages of career with expertise in consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, communications/PR, entrepreneurship, and more
- Availability to spend 3 hours per week from January through May on a consulting project for one of our nonprofit clients
Serving on a Project
At the start of the projects, volunteers are required to attend our virtual Volunteer Orientation and Service Line trainings. We also provide access to research and past project materials in an online Toolkit.
Each team decides when to hold regular team meetings, most team meetings will be conducted virtually. However, we strongly encourage teams to visit clients sites and gather in person in accordance with public health guidelines.
Our online application collects your educational and professional background information, and also asks you to state your interest for each of our nonprofit clients and their projects. Staffing decisions are made by matching an applicant’s skills and project interests to the projects being offered.
Volunteer applications are now open. The deadline for Project Leader applications is December 16. The deadline for Team Member applications is January 13.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.