We are now inviting business professionals to apply and serve as volunteer consultants for our 2021-22 Classic Projects! You can apply to be a Project Leader or Team Member, or you can request to be considered for either role.
Project Leader deadline: September 17, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. CT
Team Member deadline: October 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. CT
Want to learn more about skilled volunteering with Compass? Watch our recent Volunteer Information Session.
CONSULTING TEAM ROLES
Compass offers volunteer opportunities based upon your skills, experience and availability. Build your professional network, chart a path to nonprofit board service, and gain invaluable experience and career development while giving back to the community.
Project Leader Profile
- Project Leaders should have an MBA, similar advanced degree, and/or significant management consulting or business experience
- 3 – 5+ years of consulting/project management experience preferred
- Availability to spend 3 – 5 hours/week from October – May leading a team of nine volunteers on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
Team Member Profile
- Availability to spend 2 – 3 hours/week from November – May on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
- Professionals at all stages of career with expertise in consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, communications/PR, entrepreneurship, and more
UNIQUE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Connect Your Skills To Your Soul
Turn your passion into action by using your business skills to impact your community when it needs you most.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Chicago nonprofits and the communities they serve need business professionals like you now more than ever to work on their most pressing challenges. These include issues like education, homelessness and housing eviction, gang participation, and racial inequity. Learn more about the thirteen nonprofit organizations we will be supporting in our upcoming program cycle.
Once a year, Compass selects, trains and matches teams of professionals from leading companies, consulting firms, law firms, agencies and business school alumni organizations with local nonprofits to volunteer on a strategic consulting project. Volunteers invest approximately 2 – 5 hours a week from November through May.
This experience will allow you to support organizations that are vital to helping Chicago communities thrive, while building your professional network, charting a path to nonprofit board leadership, and gaining invaluable experience and career development so you’re ready for what’s next.