Compass forges lasting ties between local nonprofits and local business professionals to empower thriving, equitable, resilient communities. Build your professional network, chart a path to nonprofit board service, and gain invaluable experience and career development while giving back to the community.
Contact: Melissa Lapica, Managing Director at email@example.com
Team-based Pro Bono Consulting
Business professionals are assigned to a team of five to six volunteer consultants to serve on a project for one of our nonprofit clients. Projects run from late January through May.
The volunteer application will open mid-November, fill out our interest form to make sure you’re notified.
Teams are composed of five/six volunteers: one Project Leader and four to five Team Members. We are looking for enthusiastic and empathetic business professionals who are prepared to partner with nonprofits for the entirety of the project. It’s critical that volunteers enjoy team-based work and have the availability to attend regular team meetings. We do not accept anyone currently enrolled in undergrad, or full-time graduate programs.
Project Leader Profile
- Project Leaders should have an MBA, similar advanced degree, and/or significant management consulting or business experience
- 3-5+ years of consulting/project management experience preferred
- Availability to spend 4-6 hours per week from January through May leading a team of five volunteers on a consulting project for one of our nonprofit clients
Team Member Profile
- Professionals at all stages of career with expertise in consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, communications/PR, entrepreneurship, and more
- Availability to spend 3 hours per week from January through May on a consulting project for one of our nonprofit clients
Serving on a Project
At the start of the projects, volunteers are required to attend our virtual Volunteer Orientation and Service Line trainings. We also provide access to research and past project materials in an online Toolkit.
Each team decides when to hold regular team meetings, most team meetings will be conducted virtually. However, we strongly encourage teams to visit clients sites and gather in person in accordance with public health guidelines.
1:1 Pro Bono Consulting – On Demand Program
On Demand engagements are short-term (eight weeks) pro bono services in which we match one volunteer with one nonprofit to address an immediate strategic challenge. The volunteer application is now open, for more information, visit the On Demand page.