UNIQUE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Connect Your Skills To Your Soul
Turn your passion into action by using your business skills to impact your community when it needs you most.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, Chicago nonprofits and the communities they serve need business professionals like you now more than ever to work on their most pressing challenges. These include issues like education, homelessness and housing eviction, gang participation, and racial inequity. Learn more about the sixteen nonprofit organizations we will be supporting in our upcoming program cycle.
Once a year Compass selects, trains and matches teams of professionals from leading companies, consulting firms, law firms, agencies and business school alumni organizations with local nonprofits to volunteer on a strategic consulting project, investing approximately 2 – 5 hours a week from November through May.
This experience will allow you to support organizations that are vital to helping Chicago communities thrive, while building your professional network, charting a path to nonprofit board leadership, and gaining invaluable experience and career development so you’re ready for what’s next.
CONSULTING TEAM ROLES
Compass offers volunteer opportunities based upon your skills, experience and availability. Build your professional network, chart a path to nonprofit board service, and gain invaluable experience and career development while giving back to the community.
Project Leader Profile
- Availability to spend 3 – 5 hours/week from October – May 2021 leading a team of nine volunteers on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
- 3 – 5+ years of consulting / project management experience preferred
- MBA preferred but not required
Team Member Profile
- Availability to spend 2 – 3 hours/week from November – May 2021 on a consulting project for a local nonprofit
- Professionals at all stages of career with expertise in consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, communications/PR, entrepreneurship, and more