Our flagship pro bono consulting program leverages your professional skills to support a nonprofit facing a strategic challenge. Become a volunteer and gain invaluable experience, build your professional network, and chart a path to nonprofit board service, all while supporting one of our nonprofit clients.
On Track Projects (Team-based)
Business professionals are assigned to a team of 5-6 volunteer consultants to serve on a project for one of our nonprofit clients. Check out our 2024 clients, or learn more about our project topics here. Projects run from late January through May. Project Leader applications are due 1/10 and Team Member applications are due 1/17.
Our volunteers are enthusiastic and empathetic business professionals who are prepared to partner with nonprofits for the entirety of the project. It’s critical that volunteers enjoy team-based work and have the availability to attend regular team meetings. We do not accept anyone currently enrolled in undergraduate or full-time graduate programs.
Volunteer teams are composed of five/six volunteers: one Project Leader and four/five Team Members
Project Leader Profile:
- Project Leaders should have an MBA or similar advanced degree, and/or significant management consulting or business experience
- 3-5+ years of consulting/project management experience preferred
- Availability to dedicate 4-6 hours per week for the entirety of the project
Team Member Profile
- Professionals at all stages of careers with expertise in a variety of areas, including consulting, strategy, law, finance, marketing, technology, data analytics, nonprofit management, organizational design, entrepreneurship, and more.
- Availability to dedicate 3 hours per week for the entirety of the project
Serving on a Project
At the start of the projects, volunteers are required to attend our virtual Volunteer Orientation and Service Line trainings. We also provide access to research and past project materials in an online Toolkit.
Each team decides when to hold regular team meetings, most team meetings will be conducted virtually. However, we strongly encourage teams to visit clients sites and gather in person in accordance with public health guidelines.
On Demand Projects (Solo volunteering)
On Demand engagements are short-term (eight weeks) pro bono services in which Compass matches one volunteer with one nonprofit to address an immediate strategic challenge. Volunteer application now open, for more information, visit the On Demand page.