Pro Bono Strategic Consulting
Compass provides highly personalized strategic consulting projects to nonprofits by recruiting, training, and supporting teams of volunteer business professionals. Our consulting projects help our clients address key strategic challenges and opportunities. While our processes help guide our work, each Compass project and team is unique and tailored to the specific needs of each client.
Nonprofits are matched with a team of nine volunteer consultants from the local business community to conduct a strategic consulting project. Projects run from late September through May, and are valued at approximately $200,000.
The application closed on June 26.
- The Classic project application is open from May to June each year.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in late-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late October, with projects concluding by June of the following year.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact Samantha Campbell, Associate Program Manager, at email@example.com.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Mission that benefits Greater Philadelphia*
- Minimum operating budget of $650,000.
- Minimum of three full-time paid staff.
- Active Board of Directors
We do not accept clients that promote specific religious or political beliefs.
*Includes PA counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia, and NJ counties: Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester
Nonprofits are matched with a team of five volunteer consultants from the local business community to conduct a strategic consulting project. Projects run from late January through May, and are valued at approximately $65,000.
Application opens October 12, 2023.
- Following the application deadline, Compass interviews the Executive Director to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Clients are selected and announced in early December and will attend an orientation in January.
- Volunteer applications will open in mid-December, teams will be formed, trained, and begin working on the project by late January.
- Projects conclude by the end of May.
- Registered IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Local mission – nonprofit work benefits Greater Philadelphia in the following counties: Philadelphia (PA), Montgomery (PA), Chester (PA), Delaware (PA), Bucks (PA), Burlington (NJ), Camden (NJ), and/or Gloucester (NJ).
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political party/movement.
On Demand Program
On Demand engagements are short-term (eight weeks) pro bono services in which Compass matches one volunteer with one nonprofit to address an immediate strategic challenge.
For more information, click here.