- Financial stability, engaged governing board, an ED with capacity for the project, Board Chair interest in project, community impact, and a well-defined and realistic scope.
- Diversity of geography (near the immediate metropolitan area), service line diversity, and a wide range of issue areas.
- We rarely accept clients with an interim ED. We defer projects if the ED leaves during the project.
Eligibility: 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, minimum budget of $750,000, three full-time paid staff members, active Board of Directors, ED different from the Board Chair, and a mission that benefits Greater Philadelphia.*
We do not accept clients that promote specific religious or political beliefs.
*Includes PA counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia, and Camden County, NJ
- Client applications open mid-April with a deadline in June.
- From June to August, Compass interviews the Executive Director and Board Chair of all applicants that meet the basic criteria to determine the readiness for a Compass project.
- Compass announces clients in mid-August.
- Project Leaders begin working with clients in September. Teams will be formed, trained, and working by late October, with projects completed before June.
If you would like to be added to our email list to receive updates about next year’s application, please contact us email@example.com.
The 2019-20 Classic Client Application is closed. Please check back next spring when the application will be available for projects in 2020-21. In the meantime, you can review our Nonprofit FAQs.
If you would like to inquire about a Compass project and be added to our email distribution, please contact Beth Dahle at firstname.lastname@example.org.