Jump-start your board service through On Board. We help individuals interested in board service find a board that is a good fit for their skills and interests while helping them understand their role as a board member. The program provides two new board member trainings along with an invitation to the Sorkin Summit.
Our track record. Since the program’s inception in 2014, Compass has placed almost 300 candidates onto the boards of over 250 nonprofits.
Why Board Service?
Board service enables business professionals to achieve many professional and personal goals:
- Advancing the mission of an organization whose work resonates with their core values, or an issue of personal significance.
- Expanding professional networks through interaction with other board members and civic leaders.
- Providing leadership opportunities and professional development.
- Offering a structured and unique opportunity to engage with local nonprofits utilizing personal skills.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a strong interest in being involved with a nonprofit
- Have at least ten years of work experience
- Be willing to attend board and committee meetings
- Be willing to make a minimum commitment of two to three years
- Be willing to attend and invite others to events sponsored by their nonprofit
- Be willing to financially support the organization personally
- Perform their own due diligence on the suitability of the placement and take full responsibility for their actions after board placement