Jump-start your board service through On Board. We help you define what you’re looking for, vet nonprofits, and match you to a local nonprofit with a mutual fit. Then, we train you how to be an effective board member who adds immediate value.
Our track record. Since 2014, we’ve placed 280+ candidates onto the boards of 180+ nonprofits.
Spring 2024 Cohorts:
- Chicago – The application is open until February 23, apply here. Watch the info session to learn more.
- Twin Cities – The application will open from February 26 until March 18. Attend the Twin Cities information session to learn more: Thursday, February 29 (Register here)
- Washington, DC – The application is now closed.
Fall 2024 Cohorts:
Why Board Service?
Board service enables business professionals to achieve many professional and personal goals:
- Advancing the mission of an organization whose work resonates with their core values, or an issue of personal significance.
- Expanding professional networks through interaction with other board members and civic leaders.
- Providing leadership opportunities and professional development.
- Offering a structured and unique opportunity to engage with local nonprofits utilizing personal skills.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a strong interest in being involved with a nonprofit
- Have at least ten years of work experience
- Be willing to attend board and committee meetings
- Be willing to make a minimum commitment of two to three years
- Be willing to attend and invite others to events sponsored by their nonprofit
- Be willing to financially support the organization personally
- Perform their own due diligence on the suitability of the placement and take full responsibility for their actions after board placement