On Board matches business professionals to nonprofits that need qualified board members. Compass recognizes the importance of helping prospective board members find a board that is a good fit for their skills and interests while helping them understand their role.
Nonprofit Board Placement
Since the program’s inception in 2014, Compass has placed 155 candidates onto the boards of 94 nonprofits, with 32 nonprofits taking more than one On Board candidate.
To Learn More
To learn more about board placement and the On Board application process, contact Nalini Rogers, Director of On Board, at 202-450-4312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Board Service?
Board service enables business professionals to achieve many professional and personal goals:
- Advancing the mission of an organization whose work resonates with their core values, or an issue of personal significance.
- Expanding professional networks through interaction with other board members and civic leaders.
- Providing leadership opportunities and professional development.
- Offering a structured and unique opportunity to engage with local nonprofits utilizing personal skills.
Interested candidates should:
- Have a strong interest in being involved with a nonprofit
- Have at least ten years of work experience
- Be willing to attend board and committee meetings
- Be willing to make a minimum commitment of two to three years
- Be willing to attend and invite others to events sponsored by their nonprofit
- Be willing to financially support the organization personally
- Perform their own due diligence on the suitability of the placement and take full responsibility for their actions after board placement